First Time Nano

nlabatt

First Time Nano

Postby nlabatt » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:54 pm

I've been working on a small nano reef for the bedroom. Tried a couple different arrangements of the rock, found this to be my favorite so far!

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on the contents? What would everyone like to see in one of these little reefs?

Crazyfish

Re: First Time Nano

Postby Crazyfish » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Looks awesome

nlabatt

Postby nlabatt » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Now I know its not typical to have much decor in a marine tank. I will apologize for that. However my partner and I stumbled upon the rainbow, and thought it appropriate.

nlabatt

Postby nlabatt » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Well after about 8 days, I tested the water again and everything came back at 0! So I've been slowly adding to the tank!

There are a few CUC critters roaming around taking care of some algae. But the first coral to go in just showed up the other day! A few days after being in, they seem to be happy in their new home.

Imageimgupload

StickMan

Postby StickMan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:46 pm

That will look amazing in this tank. You could put it behind ure rocks so you can't see the rack and hopefully cover the whole back wall if this is your plan then just pinch a stalk or two against the back glass between rack and glass and it will catch just don't scrape the back glass an inch or two around it. I will have some other insane frags coming as soon as I have time that would go great in this setup. You gotta post pics after everything is all settled in. :o

StickMan

Postby StickMan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 pm

A little bit of advise as far as your rainbow and pagoda decoration they are generally more for freshwater tanks than marine over time the paint will come off and could possibly sewer your reef tank. It would be a good idea to take them out rinse them off with some RODI water paper towel them dry and then spray them with a couple coats of clear acrylic spray (home depot) they will last longer and be safer for your fish and corals long term.

Someone on here can probably recommend a name brand for you. If you look around online or youtube you can find out what works for people.

That chaeto won't attach to anything with roots so you can put it anywhere.

Return to “Miscellaneous Marine”